20:17
1.283. the day of the war in Ukraine - EU High Representative for Foreign Policy and Security Kaja Callas said that the attacks on Kiev show that Russian President Vladimir Putin only understands pressure, and that he"mocks" any kind of peace efforts.
Source:

On the other hand, the spokeswoman of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Maria Zakharova, points out that Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky is sabotaging the peace negotiation process.
19:42
Macron announced a new meeting of the"coalition of the willing" for next week
The leaders of about 30 countries so-called "coalitions of the willing", which have pledged security support to Ukraine once a peace deal is reached with Russia, will meet next week to discuss proposals put forward by their militaries, the French president said today Emmanuel Macron.
"Our chiefs of staff have done a very important job since the meeting in Washington and in the last few hours they have again allowed us to finalize the contributions of each country," Macron said at a joint press conference with German Chancellor Friedrich Merz in Toulon.
According to him, a new meeting, in which some leaders will attend in person and others online, will be held to discuss the work of the Chief of General Staff in the last few days.
The French president added that the leaders will focus on strengthening the Ukrainian army and consider how to equip, finance and train the soldiers, but that they will also consider the creation of"security forces" of countries that are ready to send peacekeepers to Ukraine after the ceasefire.
Macron did not say when or where the meeting will take place, but it is known that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will participate, reports Reuters.
Ryabkov: We expect contact with Washington in the coming weeks
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said today that Moscow expects to maintain contacts with the United States on key issues in the coming weeks.
"The issue is on the agenda, the final dates have not yet been agreed upon, but we assume that the break will not be extended further and that contact will be made in the coming weeks," Ryabkov told TASS.
Previously, the Vice President of the United States JD Vance stated that the negotiations with Russia narrowed the circle of disagreements regarding the solution to the Ukrainian crisis.
According to his words, the parties are now focused on two key issues - providing security guarantees and resolving territorial issues.
17:35
Belousov: We are making rapid progress
The Minister of Defense of Russia, Andrey Belousov, said today that the pace of the advance of Russian troops in Ukraine has accelerated, stressing that in 2025 the army carried out 35 mass attacks on 146 key facilities of the Ukrainian forces.
"We conquer 600-700 square kilometers per month in the zone of special military operations, and in 2025, the army carried out 35 mass and group strikes on 146 important facilities of the Ukrainian forces, 62 percent of key enterprises of the Ukrainian military complex were damaged, which significantly reduced the combat potential of the Ukrainian army," said Belousov, RIA Novosti reports.
He added that the most important element in conducting combat operations is the improvement of intelligence at the tactical level.
17:00
Yermak spoke with Witkoff in New York
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyi's chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, confirmed today that he spoke with US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff about the recent Russian attack on Kiev that killed more than 20 people, and the need to put pressure on Moscow to bring peace closer.
"We believe that global pressure is needed to ensure that Russia is really ready to move towards peace and, in particular, to hold extremely important meetings of leaders for this purpose," Yermak said in a post on Platform X, after the meeting in New York.
Earlier today, Zelensky said that after the massive Russian attack on Kyiv on the night of August 28, 23 people were killed, 53 were injured, and the fate of eight people is still unknown.
16:16
Ministry: Russian armed forces conquered six settlements in a week
During the last week, Russian troops conquered four settlements in the Donetsk region and two in the Dnipropetrovsk region, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced today.
"The united forces of the Zapad force group resolutely liberated the Srednje settlement in the Donetsk People's Republic," reports TASS today.
The announcement states that the settlements of Kleban-Bik and Nelepovka in the Donetsk region were also conquered, as if offensive operations continued in the Dnipropetrovsk region, where the settlements of Filija, Prvo Maya and Zaporozhye were conquered.
16:14
Zelensky: Conversations about security guarantees should take place at the level of leaders
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said today that after the end of the war with Russia, talks between Ukraine's partners on security guarantees for that country should be"urgently" raised to the level of the leaders of the countries.
Zelensky also said at a press conference in Kiev that he wants the allies to ratify all such guarantees in the parliaments of their countries, reports Reuters.
He said that the basis of security guarantees for Ukraine should be the strengthening of its army, international cooperation with partners that should compensate for the lack of full membership in NATO, as well as the pressure of sanctions on Russia.
Zelensky also emphasized that the primary task is to ensure stable funding for the personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as support for the constant supply of weapons, reports Ukrinform.
"The first track is domestic production, drones, technologies... The second track is European production, anti-aircraft defense, artillery. The third track is American weapons," said Zelenski, speaking about the supply of weapons.
He said that the second key element of security guarantees is the system of partnership obligations that should compensate for the lack of full membership in NATO.
"We always wanted to join NATO, but let's just say that they still don't give us this opportunity. Therefore, if not NATO, then we have to understand what our partners are ready for," he said.
Zelensky emphasized that issues of defense support, especially in the case of a new Russian offensive, should be agreed upon at the level of state leaders, not just military or national security advisors.
"Suppose that Russia attacks us again. Which of the partners is ready for what? Who is ready to do what to support Ukraine? All of this needs to be discussed. We must be sure that we are not alone," Zelensky emphasized.
He also pointed out that sanctions against Russia should be an integral part of security guarantees and systems for responding to potential threats, because the issue of security is not only about defense, but also about deterring aggressors.
Zelensky also said that Russian funds frozen abroad should be used for the reconstruction of Ukraine.
"Russian funds should work on the reconstruction of our country: energy, communications. This is also part of our security guarantees," he added.
Zelensky emphasized that Ukraine's full membership in the European Union is also a component of guaranteeing security, primarily economic.