JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Kostrad TNI asked the public to remain calm regarding the Brimob tactical vehicle (rantis) case which killed online motorcycle taxi driver, Affan Kurniawan (21), in the Pejompongan area, Central Jakarta, Thursday (28/8/2025).
This was conveyed by the Assistant for Intelligence (Asintel) of Kostrad, Brigadier General TNI Muhammad Nas at Mako Brimob, Kwitang, Central Jakarta, Friday (29/8/2025).
Nas emphasized that the legal process against the alleged perpetrators is currently underway within the police.
"We're calling on the public to be honest, the process is underway. We're not trying to protect the guilty, no. There's a process, there are regulations that will be implemented. And it's actually already underway," said Brigadier General Nas at the Mobile Brigade Headquarters in Kwitang, Central Jakarta, Friday (August 29, 2025).
TNI Emphasizes Role in Calming the Crowd
Brigadier General Nas stated that the TNI's presence around the location was not to provide full security, but rather to help calm the community to prevent new victims.
"The TNI's role here is to calm and help calm the community. Because we stand with the community," he said.
He added that President Prabowo had also given instructions to monitor this case until it was resolved.
"The President conveyed this directly on television this afternoon. His orders were to carry out the process transparently. Monitor it until it's complete," Nas said.
Seven Brimob Members Arrested
Head of the Indonesian National Police's Propam Division, Inspector General Abdul Karim, said that seven members of the Mobile Brigade Corps of the Metro Jaya Regional Police had been arrested in connection with this incident.
They consist of Kompol C, Aipda M, Bripka R, Briptu D, Bripda M, Baraka Y, and Baraka J.
"We have now secured seven perpetrators," said Abdul Karim at RSCM, Thursday evening.
The inspection was carried out by the Propam Division of the National Police Headquarters together with the Propam Mako Brimob, Kwitang.
"So currently the seven people have been secured and are being questioned," he stressed.
Current Situation in Front of Mako Brimob
Kompas.com monitoring at 17.15 WIB, a crowd of around 2,000 people were still gathered in front of the Mobile Brigade Corps Headquarters, Kwitang, Senen, Central Jakarta.
They consist of young people, teenagers around Central Jakarta, as well as online motorcycle taxi drivers.
In front of the Mako Brimob gate, a police barricade with steel shields was installed to limit the movement of the crowd.
Indonesian Navy personnel from the Marine Corps also served as a barrier between the masses and the Mako Brimob gate.
The crowd threw blunt objects into the headquarters several times, accompanied by cheers. Police responded with tear gas.
Until 17.30 WIB, the situation was still tense.